Former governor and top business policy leader to share opportunities for business success with hundreds of Michigan business leaders
Detroit, Mich., Oct. 16, 2013 — Today, Business Leaders for Michigan (BLM) is announcing that former Michigan Governor John Engler, President of the national CEO group the Business Roundtable, will be a keynote speaker at its 2013 Michigan CEO Summit on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit. Engler will share the podium with a power-packed lineup of Michigan’s most respected executives. “We’ve done a lot to turn Michigan around, but now is the time for us to move from merely being competitive to winning,” said Rothwell. “National policy plays a critical role in Michigan’s ability to compete and win. We’re especially excited that attendees will have the opportunity to hear from former Governor John Engler, one of the nation’s top business policy leaders, who will present a strategy for creating a nation that wins.” Joining Engler as a keynote speaker will be New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author and renowned futurist Daniel Burrus. Burrus is the author of Flash Foresight: How to See the Invisible and Do the Impossible, and is a contributing writer on innovation and change for CNBC, Huffington Post and others. For the Michigan CEO Summit, Burrus share strategies for seeing hidden opportunities and creatively solving problems on the horizon. The theme of the 2013 Michigan CEO Summit is “Putting Michigan in the Winner’s Circle.” This is the second annual Michigan CEO Summit presented by Business Leaders for Michigan. In addition, attendees will get a preview of the 2013 Economic Competitiveness Benchmarking Report – and hear how Michigan stacks up to its competitors national and globally. The agenda includes:
- Daniel Burrus, Futurist, New York Times bestselling author
- Former Governor John Engler, President, Business Roundtable
- John Rakolta Jr, Chairman and CEO, Walbridge
- Richard Haworth, Chairman Emeritus, Haworth Inc.
- Hank Meijer, Co-Chairman and Co-CEO, Meijer
- Kurt Darrow, Chairman, President and CEO, La-Z-Boy, Inc.
- Brig Sorber, CEO, Two Men And A Truck/International, Inc.
- Daniel Loepp, President and CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- James Hackett, President and CEO, Steelcase
- Veronika Scott, Founder and CEO, The Empowerment Plan
- Dug Song, CEO, Duo Security
- Eli Thomssen, President & CEO, Armune BioScience, Inc.
- Sandra Pierce, Chairman & CEO, FirstMerit Michigan
- James Nicholson, President & CEO, PVS Chemicals, Inc.
- Doug Rothwell, President and CEO, Business Leaders for Michigan
The event will be held at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit from 8:00a.m-3:00 p.m. The cost is $125 (which includes breakfast and lunch) and space is limited. For additional speaker information, the full agenda and registration, visit our events page.