Business Leaders for Michigan applauds those selected in the online contest; thanks all who entered for sharing their visions for a New Michigan
DETROIT, Mich. May 18, 2012 – Business Leaders for Michigan (BLM), the state’s business roundtable, has announced the six winners of its New Michigan Sweepstakes, an online contest which attracted more than 100 submissions. Entrants were asked to share their ideas for what a New Michigan would look like to them. These winners, chosen at random, will share $1,000 in total prizes:
- $500 Grand Prize: Chelsea Case of Grand Blanc, for her entry titled, “Hope” in which she described her vision of a New Michigan where college graduates will be able to find careers in their fields of study without having to leave the state.
- $100 Prize: Lindsey Wilson of Kalamazoo, whose vision for a New Michigan is a wonderful place for families to thrive – full of nature, adventure, and opportunity.
- $100 Prize: Lora Leber of Kentwood, who titled her entry, “Put People First” and envisions Michigan as the model for equality in education, health care, housing and employment opportunities.
- $100 Prize: Nicole Coxon of Montrose envisions a state with beautiful clear lakes, plentiful jobs, good leadership, affordable health care, a great educational system and a pure and clean environment.
- $100 Prize: Michael Hull of Royal Oak, whose New Michigan vision is that one day teachers can teach without worries, when school supplies are not limited, and where we invest in our future.
- $100 Prize: Katherine Sheridan of Sylvan Lake, who entered a photograph of a beautiful sunset over one of Michigan’s beautiful lakes.