Business Leaders for Michigan is currently accepting resumes for the position of Director for the Detroit Creative Corridor Center. This Center will serve as the champion for the Road to Renaissance Creative Economy Initiative spearheaded by Detroit Renaissance and will help connect the creative community. The Director will be responsible for coordinating and networking the region’s creative economy businesses and workers to grow Detroit’s creative corridor.
The Center will connect creative businesses with vital business programs and services from around the region and develop professional networking and outreach programs and activities to connect creative business and workers. The position will be located within Detroit’s creative corridor (between the river and New Center) but work with creative organizations throughout the region.
The Director position will require a unique individual that has experience with and knowledge of creative businesses, association management, business development and management, and networking events. The director will be expected to:
- Develop relationships with key creative stakeholders
- Develop a menu of business programs and services that are available to creative companies
- Establish and operate a business association and/or series of partnerships with creative sector organizations
- Organize creative events and networking activities
- Manage the Creative Economy Investment Fund (pre-seed fund)
- Promote and market Detroit’s creative community
The salary will be dependent on the applicant’s experience and qualifications. A letter of interest, a resume, and a list of references should be sent via email to Business Leaders for Michigan at email@example.com no later than Friday, October 30. Please put Director – Detroit Creative Corridor Center in the subject line of the email. We will also revisit resumes we’ve already received.